yes
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
no
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

collerthanyou22

PostPosted: Sunday July 30th, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: HOW TO STOP BAD RATINGS!!! Reply with quote

i think the BD should be able to set the minimum rating level for each song they rate. ex: MGM rates a song a 5. below where he rates it is another rating thing. this is the limit box, and MGM says the lowest you can rate this song is a 3.

If this hapens then it will help newcomers see good ringtones from bad, and it will make people happy. Ex II: there will be an average low point if more than 1 BD's set it differently. kinda like a real rating.

sombody's been rating everything low. and nobody likes it. so i would really like to see this become real.

any questions?
NW records

PostPosted: Sunday July 30th, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think its a good idea, say if i rate it a 5 by mistake and its a very porr song i want be able to give it its true rating, and the song can be up to the top ten. it should be where you can only rate each song 2 times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrGoatMilk

PostPosted: Sunday July 30th, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO STOP BAD RATINGS!!! Reply with quote

collerthanyou22 wrote:
i think the BD should be able to set the minimum rating level for each song they rate. ex: MGM rates a song a 5. below where he rates it is another rating thing. this is the limit box, and MGM says the lowest you can rate this song is a 3.

If this hapens then it will help newcomers see good ringtones from bad, and it will make people happy. Ex II: there will be an average low point if more than 1 BD's set it differently. kinda like a real rating.

sombody's been rating everything low. and nobody likes it. so i would really like to see this become real.

any questions?

I like that idea. But i think that the people who can do that should have other responsibilities and should be tested and stuff so be sure that they can do something like that well instead of saying this is my song rate it a 5.
sabertooth

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a bit complecated but it could work ..

P.S //
look at my topic in the forum about my site
Yung One

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im feelin ur idea but yeah like NW said u could mistakenly give a song a wrong rating so id have to agree with him Shocked
collerthanyou22

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW records wrote:
i dont think its a good idea, say if i rate it a 5 by mistake and its a very porr song i want be able to give it its true rating, and the song can be up to the top ten. it should be where you can only rate each song 2 times.

u can. u can go back and change the rating whenever, just like u can now. even if it IS a poor song, the lowest you could rate it is a one, which is probably what a BD member would set the low point on.
The BD can go back and change their low point just like i can change my rateing of "Snap Ya Fingas".

EX: BD- ***** *****
Normal- *****
lets say VP rates a poor song a one. he also put his low limit at 1. This means his rating is a one and other people rating can rate it anything. if the low limit was a two, than normal people could rate a 2* or above, etc with 3up 4up.....
Now u/he can still go back and change the rating/lowpoint as you/he see/s fit.

Does this all make sence now??
collerthanyou22

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collerthanyou22 wrote:

u can. u can go back and change the rating whenever, just like u can now. even if it IS a poor song, the lowest you could rate it is a one, which is probably what a BD member would set the low point on.

plus, a BD member wouldnt be a good BD member if he rated a poor song a five and set the limit a 5. Plus PLUS: the low limit would have to be at LEAST one star lower than the B's acual rating. so a BD member could never set the low point at a five.
Shane Lynch

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: HOW TO STOP BAD RATINGS!!! Reply with quote

collerthanyou22 wrote:

any questions?

That, or we could have Mod's who can delete false ratings if they see them, but keep the good one's. I suggest people from the baker's dozen. Only they can't do it to their own song, a different Baker's Dozen Mod has to do it for them... Smile

*I don't like being rated down* Sad
redman

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clever idea i think it will work
DMC

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fairest thing would be, that a person cannot rate below the average rate, and if they dont agree with the average rate they can comment and say so, and also say why they dont like it when everyone else does.

Or another good thing would be that a person cannot rate without commenting first, so we could stop the downraters all together!!! Very Happy
collerthanyou22

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMC wrote:
I think the fairest thing would be, that a person cannot rate below the average rate, and if they dont agree with the average rate they can comment and say so, and also say why they dont like it when everyone else does.

Or another good thing would be that a person cannot rate without commenting first, so we could stop the downraters all together!!! Very Happy

what if the average rate is high, but the song is poor? plus, if the first person rates it a five, then you cant rate lower than a five, even if you want to rate a 4.

people have been know to say "5/5" and give a low rating. so it wouldnt matter if they commented first
rock4p

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the BD controlled the ratings then you just aswell not have the ratings.

The downraters need to be stopped, but this won't work.

It's a good idea theoretically, but in practice it wouldn't work.

The BD would have to rate every single tune, that would take ages. And what if the BD hadn't rated a tune, it would be rated down anyway.
DNOTE

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is kinda of complicated all the ideas are good.
steevee

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this would be kinda useless. Most people would most likely say that you could only rate this song a 4 or 5. This would be a good idea if it could get some tweaks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MinusMyThoughts

PostPosted: Monday July 31st, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limiting the rating one can give a song is unfair to the reviewers...

...if you want to make sure the rating system is fair, you could implement a reviewer rating system. this would mean that when someone posts a review of a song, that review would then be put in a queue to be checked by another member of h-lounge. this could be a BD member or a non-ranking member, and what it provides is a basis for eliminating abuse of the rating system. also, a remedy could be to limit the number of reviews per song to one...

...lastly, as a route to handle extreme cases, there could be a "report this review as abusive" link attached to each review that would flag the review to be looked over by a ranking member...

...a system of checks and balances would work far better than a system where one person decides what the lowest rating for a song could be...

love,
jason
Shane Lynch

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock4p wrote:
If the BD controlled the ratings then you just aswell not have the ratings.

The downraters need to be stopped, but this won't work.

It's a good idea theoretically, but in practice it wouldn't work.

The BD would have to rate every single tune, that would take ages. And what if the BD hadn't rated a tune, it would be rated down anyway.

What I mean is that if they spot a bad rating that can delete the bad rating but keep all the others...if you know what I mean...
Shane Lynch

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinusMyThoughts wrote:
limiting the rating one can give a song is unfair to the reviewers...

...if you want to make sure the rating system is fair, you could implement a reviewer rating system. this would mean that when someone posts a review of a song, that review would then be put in a queue to be checked by another member of h-lounge. this could be a BD member or a non-ranking member, and what it provides is a basis for eliminating abuse of the rating system. also, a remedy could be to limit the number of reviews per song to one...

...lastly, as a route to handle extreme cases, there could be a "report this review as abusive" link attached to each review that would flag the review to be looked over by a ranking member...

...a system of checks and balances would work far better than a system where one person decides what the lowest rating for a song could be...

love,
jason

I think this is a great idea...apart from the "love, jason" part...lol
rock4p

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collerthanyou22, if the BD could set the lowest limit of the rating, they would also need to put in the highest limit of the rating. Otherwise people could just rate a song 5 for the heck of it, even when it isn't worth 5.
collerthanyou22

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock4p wrote:
collerthanyou22, if the BD could set the lowest limit of the rating, they would also need to put in the highest limit of the rating. Otherwise people could just rate a song 5 for the heck of it, even when it isn't worth 5.

....i dont follow this post very well, but ill argue anyways....

what if the low limit had to be at least 2 stars below the BD's accuall rating? EX: rating-5 limit-3
this would let those baddies still rate songs not good, but it wouldnt be as devistating as it would be without the low limt. EX for lowratier: they hate the song but the lowest they can rate is a three.

YOUD BE ALLOWED TO RATE ON THE LIMIT!!! EX: limit-3 your rae_three

a high limit would OLNY be needed if they rate a song a 3 or below. and the high limit would have to be at least 1 star above the acuall rating.

COULD SOMESOME PLEASE BACK ME UP ON THISS??
rock4p

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you impose a limit then people's free will is lost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: