The Next Gen H-lounge.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shigeryu1210

PostPosted: Friday July 21st, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: The Next Gen H-lounge.com Reply with quote

We all know that H-lounge is an extremely good and educational website. You get to meet other musicians and chat to them in a safe and friendly environment. But what could improve this site so it really would be the best music site on the web?.....

Email Verifications

Isn't it annoying when someone makes an account for no reason at all? they just use it for rating there main accounts songs highly and abusing others? Well if there was email verification there would be less of these people.

Improved Rating system

Have you ever found that you have easily got a high rating or a really low one on one of your songs even when you know it isnt that good/bad? Have you found it weird that nearly everyone on the site has got atleast a few 4 and a half star songs? Does that mean that everyone can easily make "Utterly Amzing" songs? If a half star rating system was introduced it would help seperate the good from the bad and the good from the brilliant.

Chat function

Do you find it annoying how people swear and cuss alot in the chat rooms? These are normally the new people on the site who abuse it but still. If there was a filter which made swear words appear as something like ***** it would make the site alot safer for younger kids. Yes I know it is natural to swear once in a while but does it matter if it appears as *******?

Comments

Ever commented on a song before the end and dissed it loads. But then you hear the end which is magnificent and would improve your commenting a bit. Yes I know you can just say " forget what i said before", but wouldn't it be alot clearer for the artist if you could delete your own comment and replace it?

Top Ten

Sometimes someone uploads a song which gets ten 5 star ratings and it overtakes someones song who has been rated alot more than the new song. With a function that only adds your song into the top 50 after it has been rated a certain number of times (eg. 15) it would make the top ten be fairer and more justified

Messaging

You have got to admit it gets annoying when someone keeps messaging you saying "rate mine","yours is v gd", "plz rate mine", etc. If there was a block function like in messenger you could stop the annoying messages and relax without it saying every ten secs " new message!"

Well, i've had my say. Please post your thoughts and other ideas.
vidpat

PostPosted: Saturday July 22nd, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all perennial issues.

E-mail Verification
This was recently implemented on 05-24, I believe. From my understanding, this has had a positive effect, reducing erroneous accounts.

Improved Rating System
There has been much discussion about this, although firm conclusions have not been reached. I'll refer readers to search for posts by Soloban1, et al, regarding new algorithms.

Chat Censorship
The Quiet Room was created to address these issues, not only with chat, but in other parts of the site. There are a few posts on this matter. See Cursing for one.

Comments
This is interesting. As a commenter, I would of course like to be able to edit or delete things that I have written. However, this could lead to comments that are changed according on a whim, if there should be a falling out between users or quid pro quo shenanigans.

Top Ten
The current threshold for inclusion in the Top Ten list is six votes and a sufficient rating. Increasing the number of votes required would ensure that songs on the Top Ten would belong there. At the same time, it would decrease the exposure of some music, particularly new music. With the shortened New Uploads list and increased rate at which music is posted, it is difficult for new posts to be seen and rated. Notifications help this matter some, for fans. The new model would seem to favor an artist promoting their own music by any means, not the least of which would be H-Players on other sites.

Messaging
The ability to block user messages already exists. In your Inbox, next to each user is the option to "ignore this artist". These can then be managed in the Ignore List tab. As for disabling it globally... mentally ignore it?[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: