H-Lounge Bands.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dell

PostPosted: Saturday April 29th, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: H-Lounge Bands. Reply with quote

Alright it may sound estranged at first look however if you think about it it would be pretty kick ass (if i can say that and get away with it) ok look it would go alittle like this leaving plenty of room for ideas and feedback

Ok lets say Jimmybob100,FreekyGuy5000,and Prrrrrtygurl900 all like eachothers music,one asked the others if they would like to be in a Band now they all decide on a name for the band (or whatever it may wind up being called) they click on a button some were on the site Enter the name,Members and click create AND BLAM its created they are all in a band and all lounge cakes gained by one goes to all the other in the band (i suggest maybe a minimum of 2 and a max of 7) they can all make certain pieces of music Jimmybob100 doing drums freekyguy500 on bass and prrrrrtygurl900 on the lead guitar after its finished its posted on under a differnt genre "Band Song" or somthing along those lines.

Anyways Hyperscore Users,Baker's Dozen,and anyone else who is on H-lounge give me feedback about this please and thankyou
FiNiX

PostPosted: Saturday April 29th, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: interesting... Reply with quote

well, the idea of getting the loungecakes the others earn is interesting, but since the loungecakes are divided between the band members, ppl who dont deserve those loungecakes could get them anyway, while at the same time those who do work dont get enough because the system depends on all band members to be rating equally. and me, VP and the others BD members have already been talking about the ability to collaborate with other members.
steevee

PostPosted: Saturday April 29th, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: this is good Reply with quote

i like this. this would be a good idea to maybe try and reach the goal of expanding the site to more places. STAFF, USE THIS IDEA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vidpat

PostPosted: Sunday April 30th, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several different types of collaborative relationships that could be modeled. However, this idea of named groups is rather interesting and could go a long way towards collaborative acknowledgements and rewards.

One user would create a named group, or "band", and submit requests to the remaining 1 to 6 users, by name. The other users would accept the request and be added to the band. For simplicity's sake, it may be desirable to limit the number of bands to which a user can belong, as well as the number of users in a band.

The rewards of individual members of the group would not be shared, only for collaborative efforts. The last person to work on the piece would upload the Hyperscore project. Before the piece becomes publicly available, the remaining users of the band would receive a notification and preview (a la Send to Friend) with an option to accept or reject the upload. If all members of the group agree, the song is added to the public listings under the name of the band. The song could also appear under the Other Songs list for each artist in the Hyperplayer. When playing the song, users would be presented with the name of the group and the names of the members, ensuring fair credit. All members would receive notifications of comments under My Profile. The various statistics for the band would be factored in to each of the members' stats, as well. I'm not sure if and when loungecakes would be awarded to the creators during this process. Those that are would be divided amongst the users, sans remainder. The latter would encourage smaller band sizes, but increase the liklihood of ecruing loungecakes through association with the group.

Send to Friend via screen name would also aid in collaboration.
FiNiX

PostPosted: Sunday April 30th, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

vidpat has done it once again.
Greebo

PostPosted: Sunday April 30th, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he has.

That's quite perfect, Vidpat.
kidak47

PostPosted: Wednesday May 17th, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: great idea Reply with quote

ther could even be like a battle of the bands of some sort
X Elemental

PostPosted: Saturday May 27th, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome.. and it wud defo be a way of newbies (like me) to get to grips with styles and such with the kind of support a band would have.

I'm well game.
Devils Dog

PostPosted: Sunday May 28th, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, im in
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: