Saving music as MIDI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> Hyperscore Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ModularBlues

PostPosted: Tuesday January 17th, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Saving music as MIDI? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm just wondering how to do that, if possible... since "Save As" doesn't seem to provide alternate file types other than *.hsc. Thanks for the help! Smile
Richard

PostPosted: Wednesday January 18th, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Saving music as MIDI? Reply with quote

ModularBlues wrote:
Hi, I'm just wondering how to do that, if possible... since "Save As" doesn't seem to provide alternate file types other than *.hsc. Thanks for the help! Smile

Hi ModularBlues,

Coming soon we're going to have a "Send to iPod" feature which, like "Send to Phone," will transmit your file as an audio file (either MIDI or WAV or MP3 - we're still working on it). Please note that also like "Send to Phone," there will be a small charge - on the order of $2 - each time you do this.

The spirit of H-Lounge is that as much as possible should be free, like it is now. But in order to keep the site running and for us H-Lounge Staffers to keep warm during the winter and eat our daily ration of three pinto beans Confused, we need to charge just a tiny bit here and there.

Of course, you'll be able to use Loungecakes to get significant rebates off of these transactions.

Please feel free to comment on this post. Your thoughts and ideas are welcomed!

Stay tuned,
Richard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XT

PostPosted: Monday January 23rd, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Save as mp3 or audio Reply with quote

If ringtones can be sent to iPod, can they be transferred to the computer (iTunes)? I have a feeling iPods are only uni-directional (you can put tunes in, but can't take them out). So it would be great if we can convert these ringtones to MP3s at some point and save to disk!

Also, on another note, whenever I send ringtones to my phones, I notice that certain instruments are barely audible -- usually the higher pitched ones like harp. It's not even audible. Sometimes the higher-pitched ones (eg. celesta) get warped when I play them back on my phone. (I guess it could be that different phones have different MIDI mapping?). But on most of my friends' phones, I can't hear the harp at all. Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!
-XT
Richard

PostPosted: Monday January 23rd, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Save as mp3 or audio Reply with quote

XT wrote:
If ringtones can be sent to iPod, can they be transferred to the computer (iTunes)? I have a feeling iPods are only uni-directional (you can put tunes in, but can't take them out). So it would be great if we can convert these ringtones to MP3s at some point and save to disk!

Also, on another note, whenever I send ringtones to my phones, I notice that certain instruments are barely audible -- usually the higher pitched ones like harp. It's not even audible. Sometimes the higher-pitched ones (eg. celesta) get warped when I play them back on my phone. (I guess it could be that different phones have different MIDI mapping?). But on most of my friends' phones, I can't hear the harp at all. Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!
-XT

Yes, Send to iPod is essentially "Make MP3". So you'd be able to load it up into iTunes, or your favorite player.

As for your second question: there are at least two things causing this problem. The first is that indeed, MIDI synths on mobile phones are wildly variable. As we add carriers and get to test more phones, we'll be able to begin to address this. The second problem is that mobile phone speakers have very strange ranges. Some are all bass; some all high-end. You might try to turn up the volume on certain strokes in the sketch window - this will cause them to sound a bit bad on HLounge but great on phones.

... if only it were easy!

But we're aware of these problems and hope to be able to address them soon.

Thanks!
Richard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joshtwoone

PostPosted: Tuesday January 31st, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Oh please... Reply with quote

Please, please, add some kind of export to midi (file) functionality, or rewire support. Look, I’m something of a musical lame, however this is the simplest interface I have found to create music. I would love to be able to move what I have created into a program with a much more difficult interface (like reason) to have some fine control over instruments, tweaks, and effects.

I'll pay, I'll beta test, I'll help write the code - come on, please. You can't say that this isn't a great idea!
mopocket

PostPosted: Wednesday February 1st, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Save as mp3 or audio Reply with quote

[quote="Richard"]
XT wrote:

So, what are the .hcs files turned into when they get sent to a mobile phone? Are they AMR files or MP3 files and if they vary how do you determine that...
recon

PostPosted: Wednesday March 15th, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Code already there? Reply with quote

It seems as if a hyperscore file is sent to a phone as a MIDI, then you should be able to save it to disk as a MIDI. It seems as if the code is already there, SOMEBODY just has to implement it. Unless the .hsc file is converted to a MIDI on the website, not the local.
strangefur

PostPosted: Thursday April 27th, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Can I not save my music to upload onto my websites?
Richard

PostPosted: Thursday April 27th, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangefur wrote:
So, Can I not save my music to upload onto my websites?

Coming very soon, you'll be able to put some HTML we provide for you into your web sites so people can play your music there (and can even buy your music as a ringtone from there).

ETA is end of May 2006...

Richard
strangefur

PostPosted: Thursday April 27th, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, thanks for the info.

I expect it will take me at least that long until I create a decent tune!

thanks.
VWORLDS

PostPosted: Saturday May 13th, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy HI MODULAR BLUES! HOWS YOU! SORRY I CANT HELP YOU WITH YOUR INQUIEY , BUT ITS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION ANS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TOO! SO IF U DO FIND OUT COULD YOU LET ME KNOW PLEASE? OR ANYBODY ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME , PLEASE DO! THANKYOU! HAVE A GREATDAY! VWORLDS! Cool
VWORLDS

PostPosted: Saturday May 13th, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy HI MODULAR BLUES! HOWS YOU! SORRY I CANT HELP YOU WITH YOUR INQUIEY , BUT ITS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION ANS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TOO! SO IF U DO FIND OUT COULD YOU LET ME KNOW PLEASE? OR ANYBODY ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME , PLEASE DO! THANKYOU! HAVE A GREATDAY! VWORLDS! Cool
zoglander

PostPosted: Thursday May 25th, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey vw why do you always type in capitals?
just wondering
VWORLDS

PostPosted: Friday May 26th, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8)ok im a tiny bit more informed than a minute ago! n twice as confused now with so much more info to learn! god give me insight n strength! larfs! I TYPE IN CAPITALS COS I GOT BAD EYESIGHT! N ITS A HABBIT! I ALSO WRITE IN CAPS A LOT! PROBLY FROM DOING WORK ORDERS FOR SOME YEARS! THANKYOU TO EVERYBODY WHO COMENTED ON THES TOPIcs! EVERYBODY TAKE CARE N KEEP ME UPDATED ON EVENTS N PROGREE PLEASE! THANKYOU!!!!! VWORLDS1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> Hyperscore Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: