no
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

collerthanyou22

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock4p wrote:
If you impose a limit then people's free will is lost

hey Mr Negitory, im trying to pull off an idea so if you think good songs should be rated down because of free will, ill send you some people who'll free will your songs. lol. J/K. But still, you try to point out the OH SO LITTLE bad things, but try do ignore the positive outcomes. could u please just post EXACTLY why this wouldn't work right in one post with DETAIL, so i dont get u wrong?

someone PLEASE BACK ME UP THIS TIME!!!
magsteel

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easier solution would just to be able to see who's rated your song. That way we could figure out who's been giving all the bad ratings and punish them accordingly.

Example:

4 1/2 star song (three rates)

MrGoatmilk: 5 stars
steevee: 4 stars
collerthanyou23: 5 stars

That way we can see who's been dishing out the 1's.
MinusMyThoughts

PostPosted: Tuesday August 1st, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magsteel wrote:
An easier solution would just to be able to see who's rated your song. That way we could figure out who's been giving all the bad ratings and punish them accordingly.

that wouldn't work for several reasons...

1 - if a song really does suck, the composer may seek to damage the ratings of those that rate his or her song poorly, no matter how deserving of a poor rating it may have been.

2 - people would be under added pressure when rating songs if they're worried about their social standing on h-lounge. if Person A doesn't really like Person B's song, but doesn't want Person B to hate him or her, there's the fear of honesty destroying a friendship while a fudged rating could help cultivate one.

3 - there would probably be an increase in false accounts to keep anonymity while giving harsh ratings.

4 - Person A, receiving a good rating from Person B, could feel obligated to review Person B's music with an equally good rating, despite the actual quality of the music. also, Person B could hold a grudge against Person A if the review is left unreturned.

...you can't encourage honesty by putting everyone out in the open. a moderated rating system, or at least a system of appeals for abusive ratings, is really the only realistic way to get people to be honest...

love,
jason
MatrixJet

PostPosted: Wednesday August 2nd, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinusMyThoughts wrote:

that wouldn't work for several reasons...

1 - if a song really does suck, the composer may seek to damage the ratings of those that rate his or her song poorly, no matter how deserving of a poor rating it may have been.

2 - people would be under added pressure when rating songs if they're worried about their social standing on h-lounge. if Person A doesn't really like Person B's song, but doesn't want Person B to hate him or her, there's the fear of honesty destroying a friendship while a fudged rating could help cultivate one.

3 - there would probably be an increase in false accounts to keep anonymity while giving harsh ratings.

4 - Person A, receiving a good rating from Person B, could feel obligated to review Person B's music with an equally good rating, despite the actual quality of the music. also, Person B could hold a grudge against Person A if the review is left unreturned.

...you can't encourage honesty by putting everyone out in the open. a moderated rating system, or at least a system of appeals for abusive ratings, is really the only realistic way to get people to be honest...

love,
jason

i agree. how about giving BD members more weight in their votes? like Newgrounds. so whoever's been giving out 1's would have to type a hella lot more if they wanna see the effects.
Shane Lynch

PostPosted: Wednesday August 2nd, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock4p wrote:
If you impose a limit then people's free will is lost

I still think my idea's the best...people get to keep their free will, but rating is still justified against these "False Raters"...
rock4p

PostPosted: Thursday August 3rd, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOWN WITH DOWNRATERS!!!!!

Everytime I get anywhere near no1 on the top ten, my tune gets rated down to 3. I hate downraters, we need a way to stop them, but there doesn't seem to be any easy way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: