Fed up with the ratings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are You Getting Tired of the RATING SYSTEM?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

lilnicka

PostPosted: Monday July 10th, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Fed up with the ratings? Reply with quote

1)I don't know about ya'll but I'm sick of the rating system. People that have good songs on this site aren't getting rated and should be in the top 50. Just because there not popular and nobody knows them? That ain't right to me. Someone shouldn't be allowed to rate your song a 1 if all the other people rated 4 and 5 just because they don't want you in there way of bein in the top ten or something. And new songs shouldn't be in the number one spot in 5 minutes that tells you somethin is wrong.
2)The rating system should be more that just a star rating system. a website called beatbuggy.com has the best rating system i've seen yet. It asks you yes or no questions about the song and each one is worth points. Overall points figure out the songs star rating. Comments come with the rating so everytime you rate you must say atleast 15 words that are uplifting, discussing something about the song, and making recomendations.
3)The ratings are also reviewed and if someone is using foul or offensive language, isn't saying enough, or is just screwin around they won't be allowed to rate.
4)If anything you should be able to see who rated what on your songs.

I'm tired of the rating system and these are just some ideas to fix it.
SWORDFISH

PostPosted: Monday July 10th, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ratin system sucks because of the people that use it. people jus like sucking up to other people by giving them high scores so the get high scores back. and, like you said, your score is in most cases judged by who you are and how many people you kno and how popular you are rather than by your music talent which gives the need for people to suck up to other people. theres gotta be changes and some sort of system to monitor rating patterns in people. its gotta change somehow
kerdask

PostPosted: Monday July 10th, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the person who has a song out on the h-lounge should get all the ratings in seperate things so they can see whos just doing it because they want it back or i dont know i agree with everything your saying just is there any other practicle way to sort out the rating system
lilnicka

PostPosted: Monday July 10th, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I would like to know who rates my songs low and who rates them normal. But as long as theres a change to make things fair i would be happy but right now I'm fed up with this site and looking for a better one where people actually rate on how good the song is not if you like em er not. Thanks for the posts guys.
VWORLDS

PostPosted: Wednesday July 12th, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE RATING SYSTEM HERE FROM WEEK ONE PRACTICALLY!

Cool THE FIRST THING I THINK IS THERE SHOULD BE A SEPERATE TOP TEN LIST FOR BAKERS DOZEN AND STAFF MEMBERS!

Arrow REASON OF
COURSE THESE MUSIC ENTRIES REMAIN HIGH AND STUCK IN THE LIST BECAUSE THERE HAVE MANY VISITS TO THEIR PLAYERS FOR MESSAGING ETC!

Confused NOTICE THAT STAFF NEVER HAVE TO ASK SOMEBODY TO COMENT THEIR MUSIC?
THATS BECAUSE THEY GET THE VISITS REGULARY BY HLOUNGE PERSONS!
Very Happy AND MY COMENT HERE IS IN NO WAY INTENED TO BE OF ANY FORM OF DISCRIMINATION OR TO UPSET ANY STAFF MEMBERS !JUST STATING THE OVIOUS FACTORS!

Rolling Eyes I REALLY DO GET TIRED OF ASKING PEOPLES TO RATE MY MUSIC!
Crying or Very sad SOMETIMES MY MUSIC LUCKY IF IT GET 2VOTES !
BUT I NOTICED MAYBE 10 OR 20 VISITS OR TIMES PLAYED, YET ONLY 2 VOTES! Rolling Eyes WHY?

Shocked SO AS YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED I STARTED MY OWN LUCKY DRAW CONTEST TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO VOTE ON MY MUSIC!

Cool ALTHOUGH CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

Cool THERE ARE SOME LOYAL BUDDIES WHO DO RATE MY MUSIC IN THE CURTIOSENESS OF I RATE THEIRS .AND THATS FAIR ENOUGH!

Cool HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN TARGETED BY JELOUSY AND DELIBERATE DEGRADING OF MY MUSIC BY SOME!

Twisted Evil WHICH I DID NOT APPRECIATE!

Evil or Very Mad IVE HAD MY MUSIC VOTED TO 1S!

Shocked NOW YOU AND ME AND ALL KNOW THERE ISNT 1 OF MY PIECES THAT IS THAT BAD TO BE RATED A 1!?

Confused SO YES THE CURRENT SYSTEM IS NOT THE BEST !

Cool I HAVE SAID BEFOR, THAT THEIR SHOULD BE HALF STARS TO RATE WITH!

Cool I HAVE SAID BEFOR, THAT NO RATING SHOULD SHOW BELOW 3STARS!
SO IF SOMEONE RATES YOUR MUSIC A 1 IT SHOWS AS 3!
Cool THIS COULD STOP SOME OF THE JELOUSEY ATTACKERS AND THOSE WHO WANT TO KEEP OTHERS OUT OF THE TOP 10!

Cool ALSO MY BIGGEST THING ABOUT IT ALL IS HOW CAN ANYONE REALLY RATE A HIPHOP WITH A CLASSIC??????????

OR A ROCKSONG WITH A POP! ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE TO COMPARE THEM PROPERLY!

Cool THERE HAS TO BE SEPERATE TOP TEN LISTS FOR EACH CATAGORY!

Wink NO WAY CAN A HIPHOP COMPETE WITH A CLASSIC! OR A HIPHOP WITH A TECNO!

Cool PEOPLES MOSTLY NOW RATE ON WOT THEY LIKE IN THE POPULAR ZONE!

Cool IF ITS UPLIFTING, WAKES THEM UP, KEEPS THEM ALERT, THEN THEY R GOING TO LIKE IT, N THUS RATE IT HIGH!

CoolI SAID BEFOR I THINK THERE SHOULD BE BIG BONUS LONGECAKES ON A FEW OF SOME OF THE MUSIC PIECES SO THAT WHEN PEOPLE RATE AND COMENT THEY COULD BE A BONUS WINNER!

Idea THESE CAN BE SET RANDOMLY TO CHANGE FROM ARTIST TO ARTIST WITH OUT ANYONE KNOWING WHERE THEY ARE HIDDEN!

Razz BIT LIKE A TRASURE HUNT FOR EVERYBODY! IT WOULD MAKE IT MORE FUN TO RATE AND PEOPLE WOULD BE MORE ENCLINED TO RATE!

Cool IF HOWEVER THE BONUS WINNER HAD WROTE FOUL LANUAGE OR BADLY RATED THE PIECE OF MUSIC WHEN THE BONUS APPEARS THEY WOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THEIR BIG WIN!

Cool THIS MIGHT CUT DOWN SOME OF THE PROBLEMS!

Cool THERE COULD ALSO BE BONUS GIFTSHOP ICONS THAT COULD BE A SURPRISED WIN!?

Cool THE WINS NEED TO BE ADVERTISED IN SOMEWAY EITHER ON THE CHATS, LIKE THE 2DOLLAR CONTEST!

Idea EG: A FLASHING SIGN SHOWS IN THE HLOUNGE AND IN CHAT AND IN THE COMENTS BOX AND ON THE FRONTPAGE SAYING ! THIS HOURS NEW BONUS WINNER WAS
"""LILNICKER""WON
500 LOUNGECAKES!!!! WHEN HE RATED THIS IS A ""GOOD IDEA" BY ARTIST VWORLDS1 .

Idea IF THE ANNOUNCMENT HAS A BIT OF A FLASHING THING TO GO WITH IT, AND SHOWS IN A REALLY BRITE COLOUR, IT CAN BE SMALLER SO IT CAN FIT AROUND DIFFERENT PLACES IN HLOUNGE!BUT PEOPLES REALLY NOTICE IT AND IT REMINDS THEM TO CONTINUE TO VOTE N COMENT!

Idea ALSO PERHAPS AN AUTOMATED LIST OF WINNERS BE DISPLAYED IN THE FORUM! ANY WAY I HAVE MORE THOUGHTS ON THE ENTIRE THING BUT I MIGHT GET BACK TO YOU GUYS ON THAT!
8)VWORLDS1

DMC

PostPosted: Wednesday July 12th, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i've had so many songs to the top 10, and some made it to no1, like my song neverlasting... and dicks like to downrate it, i think its most likely jealousy, but i think at the very least, we should be able to see who's downratin, so that if this person downrates everyone, we could put a stop to it. Evil or Very Mad
kerdask

PostPosted: Thursday July 13th, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed we should be able to see who rates the song (good or bad) and if The h-lounge see a suspicious pattern we can request for them to be banned or them to ahve theyre accoutn disabled ect. ip adress also cancelled from the website. i Think we should also install (i will give the name of it after when i remember) A "sort of" IP adress blocker so if people have made another account which they use to rate there own songs it wont be able to gain access until the timer runs out i will maybe messege richard with the url of this advanced sofware if is quite easy to apply to the website and will not slow any ones configuration of music etc.

I think this would make the online community of h-lounge better.

Thank you, zack.b aka kerdask
lilnicka

PostPosted: Thursday July 13th, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree fully 100% with all of you thank you for all your ideas I thought I was gonna be the only one here but I guess this has ben goin on for a long time now. You think it would be fixed by now........
shadow19678

PostPosted: Friday July 14th, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: rating system Reply with quote

Yeah i don't get the respect other people do because i am not famous
VWORLDS

PostPosted: Saturday July 15th, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
THANKYOU KERDASK THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT IDEA!

Cool AND LILNICKER I FOR ONE HAVE NEVER DISRESPECTED YOU OR YOUR MUSIC I THOUGHT YOU WAS KWL?

Cool ALSO I HAVE WORKED HARD BOTH WITH MY MUSIC AND TRYING TO HELP IMPROVE THINGS WHERE I CAN !WE DONT SEE YOU MUCH AS IN CHAT! BUT I HAVE SEEN YOU PUT IN A GOOD EFFORT ARROUND THE PLACE AND FOR A NEWISH MEMBER I THINK YOUR DOING OK! SO STAY KWL MAN!

AS FOR THE RATING THINGY WELL IVE BEEN TARGETED AGAIN TODAY BY A MYSTERIOUS DOWN RADER WHO DOESNT LEAVE THEIR NAME!

JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW IT TAKES HEAPS OF VOTES TO BRING A SONG BACK UP TO A FIVE STAR AFTER SOMEONE MESSES WITH IT! BUT TO DROP DOWN IT ONLY TAKES ONE VOTE! TELL ME THATS FAIR!? NOT!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DO YOU PEOPLE THINK THE TREASURE HUNT CHEST OF CAKES WOULD HELP TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLES TO RATE YOUR MUSIC MORE OFTEN?????????????????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: