It's lot of fun! But it can be more practical!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spam

PostPosted: Tuesday January 31st, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: It's lot of fun! But it can be more practical! Reply with quote

I found it lots of fun, and I am totally fascinated by the idea of composing music by drawing!

But I found it really difficult to compose really beautiful melody or drum patterns with it. It is not easy to know what is the exact pitches. (Or did I miss out how to do it?) If there is a picture showing the piano keys of what you have clicked, that would be great. Otherwise I can only create some strange melody that sounds childish or "postmodern".

It seems to me a bit silly that only one notes can be sounded simultaneously for each instrument. It becomes shadow and then disappeared when two notes overlapped with each others.

The interface is really cool, and I like the way that each pattern is shown with different colors. I like the way of zooming in and out and windows can be dragged. But the tools are not as user friendly as one might think. I need some time to find out that "sketch" windows is the combination of all stuff. And also I need some time to learn the difference between "pen tool" and "note droplet tool".

Anyway, it is really an innovative program. And it could be really useful for teachers or parents who want their children to try to write music with fun!
Wish to see an even better version come out!
hdog

PostPosted: Friday February 3rd, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

We are working on improving Hyperscore all the time,
and your ideas will help us.

Stay tuned for upcoming versions!

-Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H-Lounge Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: